Friday, June 5, 2009

Of Car Chases and Police 'N' Thieves...

“One, Two, Juice!”

“Lata-lee-lata-lee-tam plom!”

“Police & Thief, Police jaga... Police mati, Pencuri jaga...”



Back in the early 80s, when I was growing up, these were the usual sounds that were heard at the school playing fields during that 20-minute break time we call recess.

I remember the fun we had chasing down a friend (or a bunch of them) as they were the “thieves” and I was usually the “police”. Never liked to be a thief, even if I was “made” one when I lost the “one, two, juice” thing, I would still turn around and make the “police” fellas suffer.

That’s how I used to play.
Those were the days.

I wonder if kids nowadays still do this.


But times have changed.
In this times of technological advancement, the only chasing down we see in schools could very much be on the PSP that the kids bring to school.


Does it mean that there isn’t anymore fun in the “Police & Thief” scenarios that we fondly miss?

Maybe not.
Just that the element of fun is no longer there.
And as we have advanced, so has our mode of transport.

Police & Thief is now played on wheels.
Like a car chase.


Chee kau sin!!!


Exciting?
You bet.

Wanna try?

No comments:

Post a Comment