Thursday, June 18, 2009

And the ride ends...

Maybe... we were supposed to meet the wrong people before meeting the right one so that, when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift...

When I saw this statement along with a few very meaningful ones through an email I received today from a friend, I almost felt my heart stop.

And for those who are close enough, they’d know that it is not a good thing if I feel any sensations of the cardiovascular kind.


But this time, it felt that way for an entirely different reason.
Because, never in my life have I found a statement so profoundly powerful (& timely) that I was virtually feeling as though God has just touched my head & say:

“Hey kid, this is for you. Hang in there...”


So often I tell myself, challenges come & go.
Would there be any challenge that anyone would have to give up everything in their lives just to see the dawn of a new beginning, to expect life to change & hope for the best future one could probably perceive to exist?

What is involved, when the word “everything” is used in this instance?
Sacrifice...

Would it be money?
Would it be freedom?
Would it be their right to live from away from oppression & fear of unfairness?

Would it mean to give up the love for that someone who matters most?

Would there be anything else which matter?


The journey of life is a colourful one, an adventure if you may & we’re bound to meet with ups & downs.

Haha... how often have we not been reminded with this statement.

But truly, how many of us really know what it means?

As for me, it is simple.
But not necessarily of my choosing.

There are times when I know in order for me to do something which I like, there is bound to be some sort of sacrifice.
Whenever there is something I wish to reward myself with, I have to let go of something in return.
And to be with the people I truly enjoy being with, I would most probably have to forgo certain things for that certain moment.

What a way to live, eh?
And since the opening to this blog did mention “someone”, I guess this could be described as one of the most direct entry in this blog.
All this while, I have been blogging in parables not to arrogantly pronounce my aptitude in the English language or to show off my ability to speak metaphorically.

Not at all.

I did all these for the sake of keeping my integrity as a person, to avoid others from getting hurt & to maintain a certain level of self esteem.

However, as one of my best mates have put to me:
“Have faith & be strong. Never lose sight of the thing that you want to achieve. Whatever it is, do not allow the very essence of the principles of your life to destroy your self esteem & in the end, lose your soul...”

For today is judgment day of some sorts.
The decisions I am bound to make, either a “yes” or “no” is unavoidably painful for everyone.
As I have been in darkness & I am failing to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I feel that I will have to crawl my way out as soon as I can.

I will choose the way I want to live & hope to make my life better for the person whom I have finally met.
I owe her that much to see that I am better off of this emotional roller-coaster.

Because, for those who care, I shall put in more time, concern & effort.
Even if nothing more than just companionship can be expected, since nobody expects anything anyway.
I shall be grateful for this gift which is time-tested for 144 months.

And I know, I shall never look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment