Monday, June 22, 2009

Fah Fah The Changed...

"Maybe giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they will love you back. Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart; but, if it doesn't, be content that it grew in yours..."


And what a weekend it has been.

One moment, I was gasping for air to breathe in my own space; then I was excited with the new-found emotional freedom to finally be myself; till I can’t seem to be able to find the meaning I want from being in that very state anymore.

Some close friends are beginning to see some changes in actions in an otherwise “not-so-encouraging” situation & wonder “why”?
Some have even gone to the extend of making their own assumptions & try to paint a picture in their heads as to where this story will finally lead to.


Whether they are still asking, this is all I’ve got to say: I made my choice.


I truly believe that, in life, every single choice we make comes with a certain price or sacrifice.
Be it to do or not do certain things, as we have decided, there is be bound to repercussions.
To have or not to have certain things also comes with a cost.
And to choose to love or not love someone makes such an impact that some people find ending their lives to be the only price they could pay for the sacrifices thy have made.

If given so much of a “choice”, who would want to be in such a situation?
Wouldn’t it be happier to “choose” the more convenient over the not-so-conventional; and risk being judged, being “counseled”, or even being tormented by others or just simply by a state-of-mind filled with expectations?

As bitter as it sounds, I believe no one would be able to say that the set of circumstances that they are in is the direct result of their choice & that they are happy to just let it be.
Maybe these people are contended with what life has thrown at them as the result of what they have given.
But then again, contentment is also one of the reasons the world is what it is.

So, where do we really find happiness in the choices that we have made?
Would it be acceptable to for a moment just expect something out of it?
Would we actually be able to tell when that certain happiness has “arrived”?

Would it be too much to ask for if we would simply just need a little bit of assurance that this love we feel is also as strong in the one that we love?


Or would the header of this entry explain itself, that we be contented with the love that grew in our hearts?

I don’t know for sure.
Otherwise, I would not have something to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment