Wednesday, July 22, 2009

From Charlie-UnaPenta-UnaUna to Bravo-Sette-Okto...

"No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change..."

Barbara De Angelis
American Expert on Relationship & Love, Author




I remember being told once:
"The only thing constant in our lives is change, for it is inevitable..."
A shift from a comfort zone can be seen as one.


Tomorrow, I shall be given the access to my new sanctuary.
Over the weekend, I would have to drive up a different drive-way, go up in a different elevator, open a different door & wake up to a new surrounding.
It would, of course, involve a change of residential address as well.

This decision was a painful one.
For change always is.
Nonetheless, it was necessary.


That the fact of the matter remains a hurt & difficult to digest, however bitter, has got to be swallowed.


It should be accepted as one of the major decisions I am to make in my lifetime.
No matter what, the memories would remain; sweet or sour, most probably forever in my mind.
I may not wish it to be so, but I am only human...


However, the view from this new dwelling would be different.
I should make sure that I enjoy it while my eyes still see.
The warmth level could be different as well, but as long as I don’t "freeze" to death, I believe I would get by.


There would be a lot of things to purchase, a lot of things to clean & some adjustments to be made here & there.
All these are only natural if a change is set in motion.

And hopefully, I will finally get to use a functional kitchen & enjoy a home-cooked meal.
But it would be different.
Expectedly so, since the dishes would most probably be done by someone else this time around.


Habits will change.
Living standards will change.
State-of-minds will change.
Destiny will change as well.


Let's just hope I would get to keep intact my heart, my dignity & my soul.


So, house-warming... anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment