Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Cold Room...

After about a month of searching, a couple of fortnights of turmoil & a week of anticipation, finally; I will from now dwell in a new sanctuary.

It is not without hiccups.

For when I realised it, crap, the AC actually emits a certain foul stench after 1 hour of being in operation.
The shower is a little too under-pressured to my liking, but I would survive that.
Without the AC, I would need to open the windows in order to continue breathing.
And that’s when I remember, shucks, we live in a country where we’re still teaching the citizens how to rid their homes of the risks of dengue.

These are the stuff I could take with a spoonful of sugar.

And the queen-sized bed has never seemed bigger.
With a mattress protector, the feeling is simply marvellous; soft & comfortable as the sheets are new as well.
But it felt vastly too huge.
Even without the AC, I could not feel anything else but just how cold the room was.


Maybe it was not just the room.


My first winks came at about 4AM.
But I forgot to dream, because at the end of it, the fatigue is still lying at the back of my head.

Today, the LCD & the washer were sent up.
Appliances of entertainment & convenience.
Will I get to use them tonight it anybody’s guess, as I would most probably be still too tired to even want to do anything else but to get used to the cold & lonely albeit new surrounding.


"Though I may be looked up upon by a handful, shook hands with a few;
Make public speeches to many, have dinner with one or two...
I will still need to realise, that when daylight is finally gone;
The time when the soul truly needs it most; I will still be going home alone..."

No comments:

Post a Comment