Sunday, May 24, 2009

Work, Strive, Attain, Enjoy...

"Success is the Progressive Realization of a Worthwhile Dream!"


I was acquainted to this phrase some time back in my life.
And being quite young & hot-blooded those days when I heard it, it made almost no sense.

Just like the saying I related earlier about how facts don't matter if the dream is big enough, which to many folks, is incoherent & utterly rubbish.

For the true dream is not just about the dream car, dream house, dream vacation, dream girl, etc...



I remember that when I had to learn, unlearn & relearn a lot of stuff to truly understand what these sayings mean, it was a very painful process.
Because those who cared did not want to see the changes, and those who changed no longer cared.

But all these years of building the dream, all the principles picked up & the reputation I may have built, nothing would make a more lasting impression at the back of my head than the fact that dreams are real.


However, the elements & principles into making that worthwhile dream attainable is the true test of character...

Without working for it, we cannot lay claim to it.
Without striving, each day takes us further away from it.

When we attain it, will we be truly able to recognise it?
And when the day comes to enjoy it, would it really matter anymore?



I have reminded myself that nobody in this world has got the right to steal away my dreams & pull me away from my goals.

For the true test of character is that when the curtains are down, when the stage is already cleared & when nobody else is still watching, the right things are done & the principles upheld.

My journey to even identify my real true dream has gone through a rough & winding route.

But I can gladly say, with my head held high, "I love every minute of it & nobody will take this away from me, unless I do so choose."


So, what's your story, Morning Glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment