Saturday, May 16, 2009

Freedom, More of a State of Mind...

Today is a non-working Saturday, being a 2nd weekend.

Usually it would mean that I would be away from the keyboard till the next working day, since I do not fancy being hooked onto anything, except my mobile phone, till then.

Like many others, I'd love to have the ocassional peace & quiet.
But does that mean I am free to do anything I want or go anywhere I like or meet whomever I choose to?

Commitments here & responsibilities there dictate my choices.
So much so that they appear to strangle the very liberty of my being.

I don't seem to be able to do what I really want, go where I'd really want to go or enjoy meeting anyone whom I choose.
Not without paying a certain price.

Just the very motion that I can do certain things without having to worry about repercussions seem so alien to me, conscious or sub-consciously.

I may appear to be one that exudes many qualities & have been described many others as well...

But somehow, freedom eludes me.

I need my space, I want my share of the air, I feel exhausted & I know I am choking...
And I know, it's not a luxury of choice.

What say you?

2 comments:

  1. Responsibility is always our biggest burden, which we cant take off like we change our clothes...........
    The exhausation from it's way above any problem we might encounter in life and is always the most difficult to solve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I got you...
    Apparently you went through must more than I do...
    I felt the same too last time...
    But not anymore now...
    I always wanted spaces and always wanted to be alone last time...
    But now...
    I'm freaking scared of being alone!
    Bcox I'm too used to not having spaces...
    I'm too used to having Xue Er and Pei Pei around...
    Now,maybe they're not goin to continue studying in TARC anymore...
    After 2 years of not having spaces with them around...
    After 2 years of staying together...
    Take Care...
    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete