Saturday, May 23, 2009

Building Dreams, Crushing Lives...

"If the Dreams are BIG enough, the facts don't count!"


Dreams are meant to be the fuel of our lives.

Without dreams, it would mean that we are already dead from the neck up.

Some dreams would actually propel us to exceed ourselves, to inspire us to put in extra effort, some even make us extraordinary & take us places or experiences that are beyond our wildest, well, imagination...


I am somehow not talking about those that we experience during R.E.M. after a long & tiring day of staying awake.



But what if achieving that dream would mean crushing everything that you have stood for or what your life meaning is all about?

What if you would have to throw everything you have built to the wind?

Would that still be considered a dream?



A lot of us fail to understand the difference between goals, plans, fantasies.
Most of us just say: "I wish I had..." or "It'll be nice to have..." or "Wouldn't it be good to..."

Will it be too difficult to put your heart, mind and soul into something worthwhile & say:
"Now, that's what I will set out to achieve."


Difficult?
Yes.

But imagine your world without dreams.


So, what's yours?

1 comment:

  1. Mangga Busuk...
    Good question asked...
    Am actually still wondering what's mine...
    Dreams??How will my DREAMS be like??
    Are the dreams I have gonna be my very own dreams?
    As in,do I achieve my goals and dreams so that I can help others to achieve theirs too?
    I've been thinking bout this the last few days...

    I supposed everyone have big dreams eh??
    But my case...
    I really don't know what are my dreams like...
    Worried that dreams set will not gonna be realistic...
    And ppl's gonna laugh at it...
    XD.......................

    ReplyDelete