Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Living in the Now...

"Yesterday is History & Tomorrow's a Mystery. Today is a Gift, that's why it's called The Present..."


It’s been some time since I have last posted something.

Maybe due to the uncertainty of my own state-of-mind, the doubts which never seem to want to clear off, the insecurity I am facing...

For fear of creating an impression of taking you guys for a roller-coaster ride, I chose to "blog-hibernate" these few days while I sort of "sort out" what’s been playing around in my head.


Of course, there were some ups & downs.
When hopes were fulfilled & some expectations dashed.

Maybe the harshest lesson I have learned is not to expect anything, go with the flow, just do what comes naturally & be prepared that not all would go the way as we mostly wish.


Somehow, I have also buckled up some courage to figure out certain things.
Things which I have for so long, kept at the back of my head out of fear.

However, I found that the less I use my mind to process things meant to be sorted out by heart, the happier I became.
Needless to say, the reaction would mostly be positive, and happiness, as they say, is contagious.

Probably the line to the Barry Manilow classic comes to mind:
"You see I feel sad when you're sad; I feel glad when you're glad..."


I have also stumbled across The Great Counsellor’s blog by "God-incidence" (for there is no such thing as a coincidence) and what a revelation it has been.
To see things through her perspective is such an eye-opener for me.
The greatest gift by coming across this blog is to realise that there is always a different way to look at anything.

Well, you know who you are.
God’s job well done.


So, I guess for now, I would just soak it up while I can.
For there really is no telling what will happen next.


Heck, who can even tell me what would be up tomorrow?
For someone who would most probably skip a few heartbeats now & then, I am glad to be awake to the sound of my alarm & making that daily wake-up call to the person who matters most to me in this point of my life.


So no more fretting for me, I am afraid...
For yesterday’s gone & tomorrow is uncertain.

All we have now is today.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment