Monday, October 12, 2009

Fish by the Kilo, Anyone?

"Take nothing but memories, while you leave footprints in others’ hearts..."


I am sure most of us are occupied one way or another by our passions.
Some of us, it is our work.
Not the job, I meant our work.

For things that you are passionate about should not be that which sustains your livelihood, because passionate or not, you’d still have to do it.


Some of us; our hobbies.
And I know a few people who have quite a few of these as well.

Some of us; our friends & family.
We’re passionate about them.
But then again, how sure are you that they would feel the same?

Good point huh?


Whereas for me, I am passionate about 1 thing; to make each & every day a memorable one.

I pride myself with the bane of a good memory.
Selective, if you may, while I have been described as a person who would only remember the stuff which I so choose to remember.

And since I find it difficult to forget mostly the bad stuff, why not make everything which is good as memorable as the mind can take me?

Of course, not every day is a highlight of the week.
However, I always try my best to take a mental picture of the moments of the day, no matter how insignificant they may seem.

It is interesting how things unfold as the day draws to a close, coz at the end of the day, whatever that has happened, the people we have met, the words that have been spoken should be as unique as the new day itself.

As such, every single note I read, every word I hear & every little detail would not escape my senses.
Especially those of the people who matter to me in my life.
Every smile, every frown, every sigh would mean deeply to me.


Life is defined by these moments, not by the years in our age...


But in the midst of this blinding passion of mine to make the day memorable, some things would inevitably be forsaken; for example, how would she feel if everything she says or does would seem to be under scrutiny?

How little is the space that she would feel entrapped in when I tend to make every arrangement of the day so that I could remember them as I would want to, without figuring if that is really what she wanted?

Wouldn’t I then be selfish, for what I am passionate about in the day may not be such a driving force for others whom I have taken all the liberty in the world to include?

As such, wouldn’t it be a totally fresh revelation to be told that I may have not been very sensitive to her feelings since I have not been liberal enough to even ask if that is what she really wants to do?

As egoistic as I am, I must admit, that in my quest to keep my passion burning & thinking everybody’s happy since I am happy, I was really very selfish.
I cannot deny that I have been self-centred, that only my goals are to be met & I would want to be the one who goes home smiling.

I have failed to realise that this is the very fundamental basis of a relationship: Space.

That once, this was the reason I was feeling strangled & looking back at some of my earlier postings in this blog, I was once struggling to stay afloat as well.


It didn’t matter that the fear of losing someone is now more empowering than the joy of the possibility of winning her over for life.

Well, I have learned a lesson.
I pray that most of you would not have to.


I am really glad I did.


P.S.: Managed to catch the 3 stories posted earlier today? Go ahead, scroll down. Enjoy them...

No comments:

Post a Comment