Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fah: The Perfect Asshole...

"I may be an asshole, but that doesn’t mean I am always in the wrong. Think about it..."



As I posted elsewhere, somewhere sometime ago; I have been described in many ways.

Among them: arrogant & egoistic.
Narcissistic.
Know this word? Tsk... look it up.


Yes.
I admit.
I take pride in my work, my achievements, my failures & eventual successes.
I am proud & I keep my head held high because I am a man of principles.
There are just so many things I would not do.

No compromise.
Non-negotiable.

Period.

Yes, I start off most of my sentences with the letter "I".
In many things I choose to do, if they involves others, I would not do less than the best.
Otherwise, I wouldn’t be bothered to get involved.


I am proud & I soak in all the attention every time glory is attained.
But that does not mean I don’t recognise a good job well done by others.
Just that it is sickening that a good job well done is so normally expected of me, they usually go unappreciated.


I used to achieve so much when my priorities are in place.
I used to be able to avoid conflict because I have my priorities set very clearly;

1. God
2. Family
3. Career
4. Friends
5. Hobbies




But lately, I have slackened.

I chose to do what was interesting, what seemed fulfilling & fun.
I spent most of my life with people whom I felt would take commitment seriously & take me as priority as well.

And then, as time went by, as we got to know each other better, it wasn’t so fun anymore.
Nothing is interesting ever again.
Commitment is as & when the feel-good-factor is around...
And it is just not as fulfilling as it used to be.


But the one that pulls the trigger is the one who chooses to judge & tells me I am wrong even before they know the whole story.
Come on lah, I can't be wrong all the time?
Nobody's perfect.
So how can I be the perfect asshole? :/


Ah well, it doesn't matter anymore.


Now, I will need to realign my priorities.
Really go back to the principles I once had.
Spend more of my energy in the things which will last and people whom matter most.

And the new job.
So exciting!
Totally! :D


It is about time I stop listening to those who tell me that I will have to put up with all these because of who I am.
Instead, it is time they accept who I have become because of the things I have put up with.


Enough is enough.

Kthanksbye… :)

1 comment:

  1. Hurmp...Both of us are in the same situation...~XD...Well,sometimes...Its not easy...

    When many things seemed to be important...
    I'm also learning how to cope with it...~
    Anyhow,we'll be able to make... ^^

    ReplyDelete